Headquartered in Calgary, with offices in Edmonton, Red Deer and Lethbridge, AltaLink is Alberta's largest electricity transmission provider. Owned by Berkshire Hathaway Energy, AltaLink is part of a global group of companies that delivers sustainable electricity and utility services to customers worldwide. At AltaLink, we do everything in our power to attract and keep top-notch professionals. We are proud of our collaborative culture, expertise and world-class safety record. We are a best-in-class Canadian organization, proudly named one of Canada's 10 most admired corporate cultures and designated as a Sustainable Electricity CompanyTM. We offer work with meaning, incredible opportunities for development, work life balance and opportunities to contribute to your community. Join our team! An opportunity currently exists for the position of Senior Indigenous Relations Advisor within the Customer and Stakeholder Engagement Department. This role requires an experienced and outgoing individual to lead the consultation process required for transmission projects and maintain Indigenous community relations for AltaLink's operations and maintenance needs. Under the leadership and direction of the Manager of Indigenous Relations, the Senior Indigenous Relations Advisor is accountable for consultation activities and establishing relationships within communities for AltaLink's electric transmission projects.
- Coordinate the Indigenous consultation requirements for transmission projects.
- Negotiate capacity funding and Traditional Land Use Assessment agreements.
- Develop strong working relationships with Indigenous communities, Federal, Provincial and Municipal Regulators.
- Develop consultation strategies and plans adhering to federal and provincial guidelines and direction, commensurate with project requirements.
- Design and implement information sessions, open houses, advisory committee meetings or other such events required to ensure full consultation.
- Consult directly with key community contacts to gather input on project proposals.
- Proactively identify engagement opportunities, issues and communicate them to the project team.
- Act as AltaLink's witness or witness support for consultation issues at Alberta Utilities Commission (AUC) hearings.
Click here to view full job posting